When we see a humanitarian crisis we often want to help those in need. It is easy for us to take the people we are trying to help out of context, often not considering who they were before they were caught up in a crisis. This workshop is led by a Syrian refugee who, before fleeing, was himself a volunteer helping refugees and internally displaced people in Syria.
Points Covered in this workshop:
- Personal motivations for volunteering in Syria
- Biggest challenges faced as a volunteer in Syria and how they were overcome
- How it felt arriving in Germany and accepting help from volunteers
- How did German volunteers treat Syrians?
- What were the best and worst things Syrians experienced surrounding volunteer work in Germany?
- How can we treat each other as equals in a humanitarian setting even if some people are helping and others are being helped?
- Best practices for a healthy volunteering environment
Please contact us HERE if you would like to book a workshop